Have you ever joined a health club, leisure centre or gym in January, been given an exercise program and by February you were disapointed with the results? The fitness industry is always trying to re-invent itself. From bodybuilding in 70s and 80s to the fitness boom 1980 to 2010 through aerobics, step, spinning, zumba… Will health clubs and gyms move into the Wellness Age?
Ask the gym what results they get for their clients and you may draw a blank. Are they scared of what they might find? If you start focussing on results then exercise and diet are key. Only then, can you see real improvements in your shape, body fat%, muscle mass, metabolic age etc
Does your gym provide you with any of the following? A wellness progamme that covers nutrition and exercise? Do they provide you with a structured programme for 24 weeks covering a mix of cardio and strength training exercises? Do they talk to you about the importance of rest days? Do you they talk to you about working on the smaller muscles around your joints before moving onto larger muscles? Is there a focus on good posture? Any advice about pre-workout meals or post workout drinks to get optimum results?
24 Fit combines an exercise programme (flexibility exercises, metabolic workouts and strength training), personalised nutritional intake, ongoing advice & coaching to get results.
- 24Fit gradually increases in intensity so you dont workout harder you workout smarter.
- Addresses common vulnerabilities of the human body regardless of age or previous activity level. Herbalife24FIT is a program of handpicked exercises proven to make your body more resilient to injury. It also includes built-in rest days to allow for recovery and make your body stronger
- Periodization training principles which recognises that all exercise is much less effective if rest and recovery periods are not provided.
- Workout lasts for 30 mins, the time it would take you to drive to the gym and back!. This length of workout is achievable over time. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- You will be less likely to quit Herbalife24FIT once you get started because it follows scientific training principles. The program progresses your fitness naturally, so that you not only keep going, but never want to stop!
- Incorporates a strength training element as well as metabolic workout. Cardio only workouts = limited results.
- Hit a weight plateau? Step up your strength training. It builds muscle & increases your metabolic rate. Every pound of muscle in our bodies burns 7-10 calories a day, while each pound of fat burns just 2 calories per day.
- Establishes stability and flexibility before your you move onto the later phases of building strength and power. Phase 1 on the 24 Fit program covers stability where the body is hardened against injury. This involves the use of light weights and other exercises to strengthen all the little “helper muscles” around the joints, which, along with a lot of stretching insures that each joint is functioning properly. Then moves onto the larger muscles to increase overall strength.
- Improve posture with 24Fit. Standing up straight can improve breathing and digestion. And uses less energy.
- Your body will become a more efficient calorie-burning machine, so you are going to burn more calories all day – whether you are at work, at play or even whilst you sleep
- Over the 24 week programme, during the 3 seperate phases trains your body to burn fat instead of carbs, by progressing from lower intensity exercise to higher intensity exercise. And by including both metabolic and strength training workouts.
- Has 3 levels of difficulty so any age, any condition, anyone can build a better body!
- Leading fitness experts have developed the programme and provided instruction for: Robert Forster, Tom Holland and Samantha Clayton
- Robert Forster a physical therapist has worked with top athletes such as Pete Sampras, Jackie Joyner Kersee, Florence “Flo-Jo” Joyner, Greg Foster, Allyson Felix, as well as weight management clients looking to burn fat. Thirty years of experience in a set of 13 DVDs!
- Wellness solution, rather than just and exercise solution. Applying the basic concept of 80% nutrition and 20% exercise we can reach any fitness goal. Use personalised nutrition intake to get optimum results.
- Its a 24 week programme, with 12 DVDs plus the intro DVD.
- Focussed on measurable results, unlike most health clubs!
What types of pre-workout meal do you have? What are you drinking during your workout ? And has it become the norm to take a recovery drink after your workout? More information on workout nutrition.